GUIDELINES FOR JAC FUNDED RESEARCH PROJECTS (JACFRP)
I.OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHEME
Jayaraj Annapackiam College for Women (Autonomous), Periyakulam, provides funding for projects,
- To promote an intense research culture in the campus and thereby augment the research publications in indexed journals.
- To financially support the faculty members in the unaided stream for their research work as they find difficulty in receiving funds from other funding agencies and thereby encourage them to register for Ph.D. and pursue with new vigor.
- To bring out the students’ thirst for research and motivate them towards quality research. This will also enable them to enhance their research skills such as preparation of research proposal, presentation and publication of the work etc.
Category I – Faculty members in the unaided stream (Faculty members pursuing Part Time Ph.D. should get prior approval from their Supervisor before submitting the proposal)
Category II – Final year PG students, M.Phil. and Ph.D. Scholars (not receiving fellowship from other funding agencies) are eligible to apply for the project.
III. DURATION OF THE PROJECT
Sanctioned projects have to be completed in
Category I – 18 months
Category II – 12 months
from the date of implementation of the project, mentioned in the sanction letter. Final report has to be submitted within 2 months after the duration of the project.
IV. FUNDS PROVIDED
Financial support of Rs.25,000/- for Category I and Rs.10,000/- for Category II will be sanctioned towards the project, which may be utilized for equipments, hiring services, contingency, chemicals and consumables, travel and field work. After the completion of the project, the assets generated should become the institutional property. Statement of expenditure along with bills and vouchers, in the prescribed format, have to be submitted along with the final report.
V.PROCEDURE FOR APPROVAL
Faculty members/Students/Scholars who wish to avail financial assistance under this scheme should submit their research proposal in the prescribed format (one hard copy to the Principal and a soft copy to email@example.com) by 30th June of every year. They will be called for presentation before the Screening Committee and their proposals will be scrutinized by the External Subject Experts. The constitution of the Screening Committee will be as under:
- Dean of Research
- Project Development Officer
- Member of the Research Committee of the concerned department
Final decision will be taken keeping in view, the recommendations made by the External Subject Expert and the Screening Committee.
Category I – Two research papers
Category II – One research paper
should be published in journals listed in UGC CARE / Scopus / Web of Science, from the results of the completed project.