CONTINUOUS INTERNAL ASSESSMENT
The aim of internal assessment is to evaluate the performance of the student throughout the semester.
- There is no pass minimum for CIA. However, CIA is a mandatory requirement for all the students.
- CIA marks will be shown to the students along with their answer scripts by the course teacher. The results of the CIA will be announced before the last working day of every semester.
- The Mid / End Semester marks are submitted to this office by all the departments at the end of mid or end semester tests through intranet.
- The consolidated CIA marks are submitted at the end of the semester by the course teacher through intranet and in the prescribed CIA sheets signed by the students.
- Student absents herself from a mid or end semester test for valid reasons will be given another opportunity, provided she produces relevant documents on the day of the examination to the college.
Internal Practical Examination: 50 marks (Regular practical tests, model practical tests, record submission and viva voce).
The science departments can decide the internal components for their practical papers according to the nature of paper.
- A student who could not get the minimum pass marks in the aggregate of CIA and Semester Exams due to very low marks in CIA, is given just one chance to take up CIA improvement Exam, provided the student must have appeared thrice for the External Exams in the particular paper and failed during the course of her study. Such students need not write the external exam again.
- CIA improvement tests will be conducted in the subsequent semester.
- For CIA improvement, the student concerned is allowed to write mid-semester and end- semester tests only.