- To make students aware of the different problems of the society in general and issues related to women and trying to impart moral values for personal growth, for the betterment of the society and national building and to widen the access of women in programmes of vocational and technical development.
- Jayaraj Annapackiam College for Women aims to empower womenfolk in the rural area of Periyakulam and its surrounding to develop the futuristic perspective of social transformation, ecological, national and global consciousness.Besides academic excellence, the college strives to mold spiritually inspired, morally upright, socially committed, academically excellent and intellectually honest women to face the challenges of the globalized world.
- Dr. Mrs. A. Mary Imelda Jayaseeli – Co ordinator
- Dr. Sr. A. Iruthaya Kalai Selvam
- Mrs. G. Saradha – Members
- Miss. S. Suseela
- Mrs. V. Annalakshmi
- Dr. D. Rajaseeli – Co ordinator
- Mrs. Sartha
- Mrs. A. Jerli Auxila
- Dr. JR. Anoja
- Mrs. Sowmiya
- Mrs..K. Jency priya
- The business meeting on 10-2-89 was a significant one. Hundred questions to evaluate the present status of women were framed and it was decided to celebrate on 10th Feb as the Revival day.
- Women cell offered to help the outgoing students in preparation of bio-data and facing the ordeal of interviews for jobs. (1988-89)
- Dr. Regina Pappa, Director, Dept of womens’ studies, Alagappa University, Karaikal was the chairperson for the inauguration of women’s cell. (1995-1996)
- A focus on “ Problems of working women at home and in their work spot” was given by team of our faculty. (1995-1996)
- Women cell conducted an inter collegiate seminar on “ Does mass media uphold or degrade women-voice your views”. (1998-199)
- International women’s Day was hall marked by the impressive and moving case studies presented by students and engrossing speeches by Mrs. P.G.Thamaraiselvi, Advocate, Law College, Coimbatore. (2001-2002)
- Conducted Panel discussion on the role of women in the family and competition were conducted and prizes were distributed. (2002-2003)
- Dr. AnandhvalliMahadevan, Vice Chancellor, Mother Tersa, Women’s University, Kodaikanal, presided. Explained the need for higher education with a mission and vision on 8-9-2003.
- On 13.02.2004, Mrs. MaristaGonder, Psycho therapist and social worker from Australia Harmony through Awareness meditation Theme Calm down the inner wild horse to make a new world.
- Women’s cell conducted various competitions in connection with women’s day celebration. (2004-2005)
- In connection with the women’s day celebration on 8th March 2008, the women’s cell organized rally and a meeting along with NSS and Sarwodep.
- Women’s cell has been successful, as a guiding star of the young women, who in the near future will be playing responsible roles in the society.2009-2010)
- Women’s cell organized Guest Lecture on “ Contribution of women’s for societal changes and Development” (2011-2012)
- Women’s Cell organized a Guest lecture on the topic “Empowerment of Ideal Home Maker”, given by Rev. Fr. M. Arul, OFM, CAP, Secretary, Anugragha Institute of Social Sciences, Dindigul On 10th January 2013.
- Mr. C. Uma Shankar, I.A.S., Commissioner, Chennai inaugurated the function by inspiring the students with his talk on “Women’s Role Society”.
- Women cell invited Mrs. I. Rama Subramani, B.E., District Industries Centre, TheniCollectorate, Theni to deliver a lecture on “Government Policies and Programmers for Women Employment” on 18th February, 2014.
- Mrs. SreeVidhyaSaravanan, M.L, Judical Magistrate, Theni Fast Track Court, TheniDist, Court, Theni to deliver a lecture on “Legal Protection for Women” on March 2014.
- Women Cell creates gender awareness and strives towards women empowerment. Talks on “Legal Awareness Programme on Laws Exclusively for Women” were briefed by Mr. Rama Doss, Theni District Munsiff, Mr. G. Vijayakumar, Sub-Judge, Periyakulam and a team of Advocate from the District Court, PeriyakulamTaluk, Legal Service Committee on 26th November, 2015.
- Women’s cell creates gender awareness and strives towards women empowerment. (2015-2016)
- In connection with Women’s day was celebrated on 8th March 2016 with Rangoli and poster preparation competition were conducted on 22nd January, 2016.
- Women cell of JAC organized a training programme to develop entrepreneurship skills of the students on the topic ‘Training for Mushroom Cultivation’ on 8th August 2018. 30 students participated and benefited.
- A training programme to develop innovative startups for the students was organized by Women cell on topic ‘Candle and Phenoyl Making’ on 7th September 2018. 25 students participated and enhanced.
- Women Cell conducted an essay writing competition on the topic, ‘,d;iwa #o;ep;iyapy; ghujp fz;l GJikg; ngz;zpd; flikfs;’ to empower the responsibilities of women on 16th October , 2018
- International Women’s Day was celebrated on 8th March 2019. Dr.JosephineArockia Mary, the founder of VIBIS NATURAL BEE FARM addressed the students.
- Guest Lecture on Entrepreneurship Skills, Dr. Sr. A. Sahaya Sangeetha, Director, Sarwodeep Social Work Centre, Periyakulam. 29th Aug,2019.
- Guest Lecture on HIV/AIDS Awareness Programme, Mr.Frook, District Programme Manager, HIV/AIDS Awareness Programme, Theni. Mr. K.A.Raja, MSW Councellor, Bodi. Mrs.Daytona, Social Activist, Women Health Law, Theni. 23rd Sep, 2019.
- Guest Lecture Gas Awareness Programme, Mr. Chandromohan, President of Consumer Club, Theni. Mr. Puthuraja, Head, Consumer Guidance Cell, Theni. Mr. Jalal, 27th Sep, 2019.
- Field Visit Ration Shop, Mr. Puthuraja, Head, Consumer Guidance Cell, Theni. Mr. P.Thangapandi, Secretary, Primary Agricultural Co-operative Credit Society. 18th Dec, 2019.
- Guest Lecture Healthy Life Style, Mr. R. Vignesh, District ACSM officer, Govt. District Headquarters Hospital, Theni. 5thFeb, 2020.
- Celebration Women’s Day Dr. Nimalan Neelamagem Mrs. L. Bhuvaneshwari, DDM, Theni. 7thMarch, 2020.
- Activity Mangayarai Perapatharkae nalla madhavam seithidal vendum Amma B. Ramya- II M.Sc., Maths – Ist prize, A. Selva Ruby – I MA., Tamil – IInd prize, G. Ramya – III B.A.,Eng (R) – Ist prize, R. Gayarhri – II B.Sc., Maths(R)-IInd prize, S. Sushmitha – II B.Sc., ,Chemistry – Ist prize, C. Jeevitha- III B.Sc.,Chemistry-IInd prize, V. Rooth Hilda –IIIB.Sc.,,Chemistry – Ist prize Sivapritha – II B.A., Eng (R)-IInd prize, 23rd Jan, 2020
The women cell had the joyous achievement of getting its Manuscript entitled: ‘Azhihal(miyfs);’ released by former Principal of our college on 27th March 1989.
Three of our students won the cash awards of Rs. 2000/- and Rs. 500/- respectively in the Essay Competition on “ Prevention of Female Foeticide”, conducted by Public Health Department, Periyakulam.
‘Ladies Junction’ programme telecasted by RAJ TV. On 14.09.2005.
The women’s cell conducted various competition and students were won the prizes.