The persons with Disabilities Act 1995 indicate that differently abled persons should have access to education at all levels. In the higher Education sector, the University Grants Commission is supporting Universities and Colleges in the country to involve in Special Education activities to empower differently abled persons.
The HEPSN scheme is basically meant for creating an environment at the higher education learning experiences of differently learning experiences of differently abled persons, creating awareness and about the capabilities of differently – abled persons. Construction aimed at improving accessibility purchase of equipment to enrich learning etc are the broad categories of desistance under this scheme.
- To provide equal educational opportunities to differently abled students in higher education institutions
- To create awareness among the functionaries of higher education about the specific educational needs of differently abled persons
- To equip higher education institutions with the facilities to provide access to differently abled persons
- To provide special devices to higher education institutions that will augment the learning experiences of differently abled persons
- To monitor the implementation of all existing and future legislation and polices, which are pertaining to higher education of differently – abled persons
|Dr. Sr. S. Jesurani
|Principal & Chairman
|Dr. Mrs. k. Sakaya Gracy
|Co-ordinator & Assistant Professor in Tamil
|Mrs. P. Rajapushpam
|Mrs. J. Anitha
|Ms. A. B. Shanmugapriya
Functions of the HEPSN
- To provide counselling to differently abled students on the types of course they could study at the higher education institution
- To ensure admission of as many differently abled students as possible through the open quota and also through the reservation meant for them
- To gather orders dealing with fee concessions, examination procedures, reservation policies etc. pertaining to differently abled persons
- To Assess the educational needs of differently abled students enrolled in the higher education institutes to determine the types of assistive devices to be procured
- To conduct awareness programmes for teachers of the institute about the approaches to teaching evaluation, procedures etc. which they should address in the case of differently abled students
- To study the aptitude of differently abled students and assist them in getting appropriate employment when descried by them after their studies
- To celebrate important days like Christmas day, World Disabled Day, White care Day in the institution and also in the neighbourhood in order to create awareness about the capabilities of differently abled students
- To ensure maintenance of special devices procured by the higher education institute under the HEPSN scheme and encourage differently abled students to use them for enriching their learning experiences
- To prepare annual report with case histories of differently abled students who are benefited by the HEPSN scheme sanctioned to the higher education institute
- HEPSN club of Jayaraj Annapackiam College arranged a meeting for the members on 24th February, 2021. The coordinator Mrs. V.Flora Paulin Mary addressed the students and explained the facilities available in the campus for helping the HEPSN students.
- HEPSN club of Jayaraj Annapackiam College organized a guest lecture on “Scheme Awareness Programme” for the members on 12th March 2021 in SARWODEEP, JAC Campus. The chairperson Dr. Rev. Sr Sangeetha, Director, SARWODEEP addressed the students. She explained the disability ID card and various schemes offered by the Government.
- HEPSN students are provided a specific room with special equipments for doing the exercises to improve themselves.
- The HEPSN association of Jayaraj Annapackiam College for women (Autonomous) has conducted a physical education training for the physically challenged students on 26.10.2021 at 11.00 AM in the excercise room. Dr. K. Sakaya Gracy Consumer and HEPSN Coordinator gave the training for the Physiacally challenged students M. Sneha, B. Dhanalakshmi and J. Raja Priya.
- In Connection with World Disabled Day Red Ribbon Club, Hebsen & Consumer Club, Youth Red Cross In Collaboration with Indian Red Cross Society – Junior Red Cross, Theni organized a special event to Special Children in Press and Day Star in 3.12.2021 at 3.15 pm. The Programme was headed by Rev.Sr.Dr.S.Jesurani. Dr.K.Sakaya Gracy Welcomed the Gathering. Mr. Surulivel, Youth Red Cross Co- Ordinator, Theni District, Mr.Nallasivan, Periyakulam Education Department Co- Ordinator, Mr. V.Maharajan, IRCS Co-Ordinator, has distributed their own manufacturing product things to the special children. Mr.Muhammed Basha, Mr.Parthiban, Mr.Saravanan, Mr.Sundar, Mrs.Dhanalakshmi, Mrs.Umarani participated in this programme. Finally Dr.D. Rajaseeli proposed Vote of Thanks.
- HEPSN Club of Jayaraj Annapackiam College for women (Autonomous), Periyakulam visited Day Star Children and accomplished Christmas Day Programme with Cultural Activities on 20.12.2021. The programme was organised by Dr.K.Sakaya Gracy Co-Ordinator and Dr .S. Kasthuri and Dr. Juliet, the members of HEPSN. Christmas offerings were strewn to the inmates.
- HEPSN club of Jayaraj Annapackiam College for women (Autonomous), Periyakulam organized an essay writing competition on the topic “Government Provisions for the Disabled” on 28.02.2022 between 2.30 PM and 3.30 PM. Six students were participated in the competition..
- The HEPSN association of Jayaraj Annapackiam College for women (Autonomous) has conducted a physical education training for the physically challenged students on 31.03.2022 at 3:00 pm in the excercise room. Dr.Mrs.S.Kasthuri, Assistant professor of Political Science, Consumer club and HEPSN staff member of the club served as a trainer for the Physically challenged students.
- HEPSN club of Jayaraj Annapackiam College arranged a meeting for the members on 07, August 2022. The coordinator Dr.Mrs.K.Sakaya Gracy addressed the students and explained the facilities available in the campus for helping the HEPSN students
- In connection with the International Day against Drug Abuse, The HEPSN Club conducted the Drawing competition in the topic “Drug Abuse and Harmful Health Effects” to the students on 08.2022. The programme was organized by HEPSN Club Co- Ordinator Dr.Mrs.K.SakayaGracy and regulated by HEPSN club Members Dr.Mrs.S.Kasthuri, Mrs.J.Anitha and Mrs.N.Devashanthi. Nearly 15 students have participated and benefitted.
- The HEPSN association of Jayaraj Annapackiam College for women (Autonomous) has conducted a physical training program for the physically challenged students on 13.09.2022 at 3.00 PM in the excercise room.Dr.Mrs.K.Sakaya Gracy consumer and HEPSN Coordinator served as a trainer for physically challenged students.
- The HEPSN association of Jayaraj Annapackiam College for women (Autonomous) has conducted a “Scheme Awareness Programme” for the physically challenged students on 27.10.2022 at 3.00 PM in Sarwodeep (JAC campus). Dr. Sr. A. Sangeetha, Director, Sarwodeep helped the students to apply for the disabled student identity card.
ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION -28.02.2022
PHYSICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME (31.3.2021 )
DRUG ABUSE AND HARMFUL HEALTH EFFECTS (06.08.2022)
PHYSICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME (13.09.22)
SCHEME AWARENESS PROGRAMME 27.10.22
SKILL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME 19.12.2022
CHRISTMAS DAY CELEBRATION 20.12.2022
PHYSICAL EDUCATION TRAINNING PROGRAMME 25.01.2023
PHYSICAL EDUCATION TRAINNING PROGRAMME 27.02.2023
WORLD DISABILITY DAY