MOTTO – “Not Me but You”
- The spirit of service and love for the Nation are fostered among the N.S.S Volunteers
- Activities to promote National Integration, rural development, small saving, environmental protection, total literacy, women empowerment, AIDS awareness, Human rights, Protection of violence against Women, Civic responsibilities, Health and Hygiene are undertaken
- All the NSS volunteers participate in the 7 Day special camp every year.
- The N.S.S. is included in the curriculum under Part V as one of the subjects with a credit at the end of two-years-volunteership. Written tests are conducted for the volunteers to award the Internal Assessment Marks.
National Service Scheme Activities – 2021-2022
NSS of JAC & RGNIYD,Chennai conduct 3-day Training Programme on ‘Creating Dynamic Women’
JAC- Rain Water Harvesting
HISTORICAL BACK GROUND
The NSS units of JAC are doing spirited service to the society. It has a long glorious history ever since the Installation of the 55th unit of Madurai Kamaraj University in JAC on 5th September, 1976. Its exemplary performance earned applause, appreciation, honours, and awards from all quarters of the society. It has 7 units allotted by Mother Teresa Women’s University, monitored and steered by 7 Programme Officers who are assisted by a team of seven staff advisors. Each unit consists of 100 students as NSS Volunteers.
- To empower women graduates by providing entrepreneurial skills through community development programme within the institutional frame work executed by the well-trained programme officers.
- To develop a national consciousness among the youth
- To generate social awareness among the students
- To promote the dignity of labour.
- To strengthen the spirit of service and sacrifice in the younger generation for the betterment of the society.
- To mobilize the available resources to be enabled by the youth,
- To become more educated and better prepared to face and solve the current issues through national service activities to the needy.
JAC has 7 units allotted by Mother Teresa Women’s University, monitored and steered by 7 Programme Officers who are assisted by a team of seven staff advisors. The first year under graduate 350 students who have interest in the NSS activities are enrolled in the 7 units on voluntary basis. Each unit consists of 100 students including first year and second year as NSS Volunteers.
Syllabus is framed on the basics of NSS, such as Character formation, Social formation, Environment and Ecology, and Women Development. The volunteers undertake various current activities (which are given by the state and central government) in adopted villages and college campus for community service during weekends and on sixth day order of each week. Each volunteer should take part in regular activities for 120 hours per year. Regular activities are grouped under three major headings: Orientation, Campus work and Community Service outside the college campus.
Regular Activities – 75 Marks
Special Camp – 25 Marks
- Identified the needs and problems of the community and involved them in problem solving process
- Developed among volunteers a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilized their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems
- Improved capabilities required for group living and sharing of responsibilities
- Acquired leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- Practiced national integration and social harmony
- Our NSS volunteers had the singular distinction of participation in the Republic Day Parade at Rajpath in the Capital on the Republic Day celebration.
- Sr. P. Helen Chandra, Best Programme Officer Award, 1997 – 1998.
- B. Mallika, Best Programme Officer Award, 2002 – 2003.
- Our NSS Programme officer Dr. M. Anusha Angel along with 10 NSS Volunteers attended and won the overall shield in the National Integration camp at Government Arts College, Hunsur, Mysore, 2018-2019
- Received Central Government award for UBA activities, 2018-2019.
- NSS Programme Officer Dr.M. Anusha Angel Received” Best Social Service “Award On 25.10.2020,From Indian Consumer Protection Council For Her Meritorious Service To the Poor People and Public
- NSS Received ‘ Congratulations Received Certificate For Conducting Blood Donation camp And Enlighten The lives Of Sick Peoples’ From State Blood Donation Association and Principal, Government Medical college, Theni For The Year 2019-2020.
NSS Programme Officer
|1||VII||Mrs.D.Abinaya||Assistant Professor of Mathematics|
|2||VIII||Dr.J.Arul Irudaya Jeyanthi||Assistant Professor of Tamil|
|3||IX||Dr.T.Girija bai||Assistant Professor of History|
|4||X||Dr.A.D. Padmasree||Assistant Professor of History|
|5||XI||Dr.J.Preethi||Assistant Professor of English|
|6||XII||Dr.V.Flora Pauline Mary||Assistant Professor of Tamil|
|7||XIII||Dr.Sr.J.Arul Sunila||Assistant Professor of Tamil& NSS Co-Ordinator|
NSS Staff Advisor
|1||VII||Dr.B.Amala Jasmine||Assistant Professor of Maths|
|2||VIII||Dr.I.Geetha||Assistant Professor of Zoology|
|3||IX||Mrs.S.Inba Subalakshmi||Assistant Professor of Commerce|
|4||X||Dr.M.Tamil Selvi||Assistant Professor of History|
|5||XI||Mrs.C.Karthikayini||Assistant Professor of Commerce(CA)|
|6||XII||.Mrs.Jancy Prema||Assistant Professor of Computer Science|
|7||XIII||Mrs.Mariya Stephy.||Assistant Professor of Physics|
2014 – 2015
2015 – 2016
2016 – 2017
2017 – 2018
2018 – 2019
2019 – 2020
2020 – 2021
Coronavirus Pandemic – Special camp Stopped
UNNAT BHARAT ABHIYAN
UBA and NSS attended Grama Saba in Jallipatti 26.1.2020